Dental veneers are a very popular cosmetic dental treatment that can be used to help resolve a number of aesthetic flaws and work to improve the overall appearance of a patients teeth.
At Sharrow Dental in Essex, our expert dentists are able to transform patients teeth with natural, long lasting cosmetic veneers that can create the smile they’ve always wanted.
What Are Veneers?
Dental veneers are custom-made shells comprising of a small, wafer thin layer of porcelain or composite resin that fits over and is bonded to your existing teeth to improve their appearance.
Veneers can be used to help rectify a number of cosmetic issues and can help to change the size, appearance, colour, spacing or shape of the teeth. They are commonly used to help;
- Tooth discolouration
- Close gaps
- Broken or chipped teeth
- Misshapen teeth
- Teeth that have been damaged by bruxism (excessive teeth grinding or jaw clenching)
Cosmetic Veneers Essex can be used to treat a single tooth or several at once and provide patients with a natural, healthy looking smile thanks to colour matching technology which will ensure they are the same shade as the existing teeth, for effective results.
The Process of Veneer Treatment
The process of cosmetic dentistry veneers is relatively simple, but this will depend on the individual patient and the dental plan they are following. It could be that they need additional treatments such as composite bonding, whitening, periodontal therapy or orthodontics prior to or after fitting veneers in order to achieve the results they desire.
Here is a brief guide to the veneers process;
- At the initial visit we will take x-rays of your mouth to check that the teeth are healthy.
- A thin layer of enamel (about half a millimetre) will be trimmed off of the tooth or teeth that are going to have the veneer.
- An impression of the mouth and teeth is taken which will be sent to our specialist lab and used to create bespoke, exact match veneers. It usually takes around 2 weeks for them to be made so in the meantime we will provide a temporary veneer to help cover the prepared tooth or teeth.
- At the final veneer fitting the existing teeth are cleaned and prepared with the treated teeth undergoing a ‘roughening’ process which helps to increase the adhesion between the tooth and the veneer. A specialist cement or bonding agent is then used to affix the veneer to the tooth.
- Around 2-4 weeks after the procedure a follow up appointment is recommended so that your dentist can examine the veneers to ensure they are properly placed, that the treatment was a success and that you are happy with the results.
What Are the Other Options?
Veneers are an extremely effective dental solution that can help a lot of patients achieve the smile they’ve always wanted. However, they will not always be the most suitable option and our veneer specialists will need to ascertain if you are a suitable candidate during your consultation.
It might be that your problem is best resolved using composite bonding, teeth whitening or even Invisalign – whatever your concern, we will explain all of the possible options to help you decide which is best for you, whether that’s dental veneers Chelmsford or something else.
Start Your Veneer Journey Today
It goes without saying that in order to assess whether or not this type of treatment could be the right thing for you, we will need to take a look, which is why we offer a free initial consultation for patients considering veneers.
We understand that cosmetic dental treatment can be a big decision for some people which is why we take the time to go through everything with you, explain all of the options available and a breakdown of the costs and prices involved. There is never any pressure or obligation to proceed, and we will only ever recommend the treatment that is best for your individual case.
If you would like to find out more about our dental veneers or to book a consultation, then please contact us today and one of our friendly team members will be happy to help.
Are Dental Veneers Right For Me?
Veneers can be a natural, long lasting and versatile option for many patients who are looking to hide imperfections and improve the overall look of their teeth for a straighter, brighter, more confident smile.
Although dental veneers Essex are a suitable solution for a number of cosmetic dental issues, they may not always be the best or most appropriate option. For those with misalignment, gaps or spacing issues it could be that orthodontics such as Invisalign would be more effective or for discolouration maybe a whitening treatment could deliver similar results.
Whatever your dental needs, your dentists will be able to advise you on all the available choices and talk you through which is the best treatment path to help you achieve the smile you’ve always wanted.
How Much Do Veneers Cost?
As with all cosmetic dental treatments the cost of veneers will vary depending on the individual patient and their unique dental needs.
For veneers, the price will differ based on the type you get, the amount of teeth you have them for and of course if you require any additional treatments such as orthodontics or whitening to help you achieve the desired end results.
At Sharrow Dental in Essex, our professional clinicians have been carrying out cosmetic veneer treatment for many years and have the skills, expertise and creative abilities to produce a beautiful and natural looking smile you will love to show off.
How Long Do Veneers Last?
The lifespan of a veneer will depend on the type of material used and the patient, but they are considered a long term solution and typically can last anywhere from 5 to 20 years.
However, there are certain steps that patients can take to help protect their veneers and increase their longevity. This can include;
- Practicing good oral hygiene with a consistent, thorough daily dental routine.
- Avoid bad habits such as chewing you fingernails, pen lids etc.
- If you grind your teeth at night be sure to see your dentist for a retainer or mouth guard.
- Never attempt to open anything with your teeth such as bottles, packaging etc.
- Make sure you attend regular dental appointments.
- Use a custom mouthguard when playing sports to protect your veneers.